This is for the passionate theatre-goer with a curious mind — for the one who wants to go behind the scenes, dig deeper into the art, and find out how our shows are created before they hit the stage.
This pass will give you the opportunity to attend first read-throughs, dress rehearsals, meet with artists working on our plays, and experience new plays at various stages of development.
The cost for this program is $165 for the 2018/19 season. The program can be purchased by phone at 416-531-1827, or online.
For more information on this program, please contact Patron Services at email@example.com.
- First Read-Throughs – First Read-throughs are a really special event to attend. It is the ‘first day of school’ for a production. The actors, director, designers, carpenters, front of house, full Tarragon staff, Board of Directors and donors are in attendance. The play is read aloud for the first time, and the director and designers flesh out their interpretation of the play. Audit the Season Subscribers have the rare opportunity to hear the play before it ever stands up and to imagine all of its possibilities as they view the miniature model of the stage.
- Dress Rehearsal – Dress Rehearsals are not open to the public. This is often the second run-through ever of the play with all of its design elements (lighting, set, costume, projection). The performances are still being refined and the air is electric. At Tarragon, because the text itself is still being developed, there are often numerous shifts from the Dress Rehearsal to Opening Night.
2018/19 Event Schedule
Opening Event – Thursday, September 6, 2018 from 6:00 – 7:00pm – Tarragon’s Artistic Director, Richard Rose, welcomes you to the season ahead
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, September 16, 2018 time TBC
Conversation – Andre du Toit, lighting designer – Thursday, October 4, 2018 from 6:30 – 7:30pm
First Read – Monday, September 17, 2018 time TBC
Rehearsal Observation – Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 10am
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, October 14, 2018 7:30pm
First Read – Tuesday, October 9, 2018 time TBC
Rehearsal Observation – Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 10am
Dress Rehearsal – Tuesday, November 6, 2018 time TBC
Kiviuq Returns: An Inuit Epic
Tarragon Talks on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 7:00pm followed by the Opening Night Performance at 8:00pm
Cottagers and Indians
Conversation – Tarragon’s Production Manager, Carla Richie talks touring – Monday, February 4, 2019 from 6:30 – 7:30pm
New Magic Valley Fun Town
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, February 17, 2019 time TBC
Conversation – Andrea Vagianos, Tarragon’s Managing Director talks co-productions – Thursday, March 21, 2019 from 6:30 – 7:30pm
First Read – Monday, February 25, 2019 time TBC
Event – Conversation with Playwright Charlotte Corbeil-Coleman – Thursday, April 11 2018 at 6:30pm
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, March 24, 2019 time TBC
Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story
Closing Event – Tuesday, April 30, 2019 from 6:00 – 7:00pm with a demonstration of Klezmer music.
- Please RSVP to alert us of your participation five days prior to the events. For events with the time listed as TBC, we will reply confirming the time. Many events have a capacity of 20 Audit the Season Subscribers, and events are available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Rehearsal Etiquette: when we are invited into rehearsal, we are flies on the wall – we will debrief as a group in the lobby, but in the room we reserve our questions. When attending a rehearsal, plan to come 10 minutes prior to get settled. No latecomers can be admitted. No food, drinks or gum please.
- After each event, a member of the Artistic team will host a short debrief in the lobby. Please feel free to bring a friend to the ‘bring a friend’ events. We will offer a coupon so that your guest can attend one of the previews of a play later in the season.