Relaxed performances are open to everyone. They are designed to welcome audience members that would benefit from an environment that is more relaxed, including those with sensory concerns, autistic individuals, those with dementia, parents with small babies, or anyone for whom the regular theatre experience can be challenging.
Our set-up will include:
- a show guide for each of the plays to help you familiarize yourself with the characters and plot
- a pre-show introduction to the performers/characters
- a pre-show demonstration of other surprising elements of the play (including loud sounds and bright/flashing lights)
- the chance for audience members to enter and exit as needed
- a low level of light will be on over the audience for the whole performance
- a calm and comfortable space outside of the theatre for audience members to use before and during the performance
- the ability to enjoy a light snack during the performance
- the use of electronic devices (phones/tablets) by audience members, as needed*
Most importantly, everyone is welcome to do whatever they have to do to be able to enjoy the play. Whether you may need to make some noise, move around a bit, leave the theatre and take a break in the chill room, you’re welcome in our theatre.
Tickets for these performances will be offered at a discounted rate of $25.00 each for those that need it. We are also happy to provide a free ticket for those that require a companion to access our space. To book this free ticket please call our box office at 416-531-1827.
The Relaxed Performances for the 2019/2020 season will be held on :
- Tuesday, December 10th at 8:00PM – Buffoon
- For more information about Buffoon click here to check out our Visual Story.
- Saturday, May 23rd at 2:30PM – Orphan Song
Click here for our Tarragon Theatre Visual Story.
If you have questions about the relaxed performances at Tarragon Theatre please contact our Education and Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com
*Please note: Recording our performances in any way is prohibited. If you need an electronic device in order to access our space please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before the performance to find out how this may be accommodated.