This is for the passionate theatre-goer with a curious mind — for the one who wants to go behind the scenes, dig deeper into the art, and find out how our shows are created before they hit the stage.
This pass will give you the opportunity to attend first read-throughs, dress rehearsals, meet with artists working on our plays, and experience new plays at various stages of development.
The cost for this program is $175 for the 2019/20 season. The program can be purchased by phone at 416-531-1827, or online.
For more information on this program, please contact Patron Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Read-Throughs – First Read-throughs are a really special event to attend. It is the ‘first day of school’ for a production. The actors, director, designers, carpenters, front of house, full Tarragon staff, Board of Directors and donors are in attendance. The play is read aloud for the first time, and the director and designers flesh out their interpretation of the play. Audit the Season Subscribers have the rare opportunity to hear the play before it ever stands up and to imagine all of its possibilities as they view the miniature model of the stage.
- Rehearsal Observation – An opportunity to see the artists at work/play. We invite Audit the Season members to sit in on a rehearsal and see how the play has progressed from the first reading with staging and blocking. Come be a fly on the wall for the artistic process as words on a page become living/breathing plays.
- Dress Rehearsal – Dress Rehearsals are not open to the public. This is often the second run-through ever of the play with all of its design elements (lighting, set, costume, projection). The performances are still being refined and the air is electric. At Tarragon, because the text itself is still being developed, there are often numerous shifts from the Dress Rehearsal to Opening Night.
2019/20 Event Schedule
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, September 15 at 7:00PM
Conversation with Literary Manager and Dramaturg of Yaga Joanna Falck following the Dress Rehearsal
First Read – Tuesday, September 3 at 10:00AM
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, September 29th at 7:30PM
Conversation with Interim Head of Props Shaw Forgeron following the Dress Rehearsal.
First Read – Monday, October 7 at 10:00AM
Dress Rehearsal – Tuesday, November 5 at TIME TBC
Conversation with Artistic Director Richard Rose following the First Read.
First Read – Tuesday, October 15th at 10:00AM
Rehearsal Observation – Friday, October 18th at TIME TBC
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, November 10th at TIME TBC
Sexual Misconduct of the Middle Classes
First Read – Monday, December 2nd at 10:00AM
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, December 29th at TIME TBC
This Was the World
First Read – Monday, December 30th at 10:00AM
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, January 26th at TIME TBC
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, February 23rd at TIME TBC
Three Women of Swatow
First Read – Tuesday, February 18th at 10:00AM
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, March 15th at TIME TBC
First Read – Monday, March 23rd at 10:00AM
Dress Rehearsal – Sunday, April 19th at TIME TBC
Event – Closing Reception preceding the Dress Rehearsal
- Please RSVP to alert us of your participation five days prior to the events. For events with the time listed as TBC, we will reply confirming the time. Many events have a capacity of 20 Audit the Season Subscribers, and events are available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Rehearsal Etiquette: when we are invited into rehearsal, we are flies on the wall – we will debrief as a group in the lobby, but in the room we reserve our questions. When attending a rehearsal, plan to come 10 minutes prior to get settled. No latecomers can be admitted. No food, drinks or gum please.
- After each event, a member of the Artistic team/staff will host a short debrief in the lobby.