JOB POSTING: INTERIM PRODUCTION MANGER – Maternity leave
Reports to: Managing Director
The Tarragon Theatre is seeking an Interim Production Manager to fill a full-time temporary position. The Production Manager is an upper management position within the company with a primary focus on managing staff, show costing, crew management, technical requirements, health and safety and managing budgets. The position requires a self-motivated, organized individual with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Duties of the Production Manager include but are not limited to:
- Production Administration
- Act as supervisor for all production staff
- Manage production budgets
- Hire casual crew in consultation with the Technical Director
- Create and manage all production schedules
- Administer all design and stage management contracts
- Provide supervision for technical rehearsals and work calls in cooperation with Technical Director
- Supervise and arrange logistics for Tarragon productions, special events, tours and co-productions
- Adhere to and enforce health and safety regulations
- Facility Management
- Manage building maintenance budgets
- Schedule and supervise all outside contractors necessary for the maintenance of the theatre’s physical plant in consultation with Building Manager
- Administer all maintenance contracts for the up keep of the theatre’s physical plant
- Act as resource on Fire Safety Plan, fire code requirements, building code requirements
- Act as liaison and resource for all building improvements and renovations
- A university or college degree in theatre production or equivalent training
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a production manager in a theatrical setting
- Proven experience producing accurate show costing in a theatrical environment
- Ability to read, interpret and produce technical drawings in AutoCAD according to Architectural standards
- An understanding of current production and technical practices within theatre including sound, lighting, projection and set construction
- Knowledge and understanding of CTA, ADC agreements
- Knowledge and understanding of health & safety legislation, Employment Standards Act
- Be comfortable supervising staff and artisans
- Budgeting experience essential
- AutoCAD, advanced MS Office Skills
- Excellent communication skills
The dates of employment are expected to be from early October 2016 – early April 2017.
Standard hours are 9am – 6pm. As with most positions in the theatre, occasional work is required evenings and weekends throughout the season.
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested applicants should apply via email to Eleanor Antoncic, Production Manager email@example.com.
Please reference Interim Production Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume, including references. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tarragon Theatre is one of Canada’s oldest and most respected mid-sized theatres and is a leader in the field of new Canadian plays. Tarragon Theatre is dedicated to discovering and mentoring artists who tell Canadian stories. Tarragon believes in equal opportunities in the arts for everyone. We welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures and backgrounds.